The following SAP resources provide Common Core-aligned lessons and passages, useful information and strategies for supporting students with building reading ﬂuency, vocabulary acquisition, developing background knowledge.
- Student Achievement Partner’s (SAP) Text Sets: For grades K-HS, these lessons use a volume of reading on speciﬁc topics to support all learners in building background knowledge and vocabulary.
- Student Achievement Partner’s (SAP) Fluency Packets: For grades 2-HS, these packets can help establish consistent routines for building and assessing student ﬂuency.
- Student Achievement Partner’s (SAP) Read Aloud Project: These K-2 lessons emphasize key aspects of college- and career-ready standards, including quality, sequenced text-dependent questions, improved speaking, listening and writing tasks, and a focus on academic vocabulary.
For support speciﬁc to ELLs:
- ELL Supports for Writing and Discussion: For all ELLs, these documents outline strategic scaﬀolding activities to support English Language Learners in writing and discussion.
- Academic Word Finder: Helps identify high value words from academic texts and now features guidance on using the word lists produced by the tool to support ELLs
- Decodable Readers Protocol: Supports scaﬀolds for repeated reads
- Juicy Sentence Protocol: For grades K-HS, this 10-step protocol outlines a method for unpacking “juicy sentences” while conducting a classroom discussion and includes video examples.